[BC] IBOC/IBOC Interference /was/ A new digital band

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Sun Oct 23 20:49:57 CDT 2005

On 23 Oct 2005 at 8:42, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> At 07:40 AM 10/23/2005, Phil Alexander wrote
> > >
> > > Channel 5 is now being used for HD and the local Channel 6 here
> > has stated
> > > they may go back to Channel 6 HD.   Channel six would be ideal
> > for HD  Radio
> > > since it is adjacent to the low end of the FM band.
> > >

> >3. Channels 6 and especially 5 would be prone to more tropo
> >    ducting and other propagation anomalies than plague us already.
>
>          This raises an interesting question:
>          How does IBOC do in the ducting zones?

In theory, IBOC should have fewer problems than analog but I'm not
aware of practical testing that confirms that unless you want to
read thing into the Ibiquity field tests, and IMO there has been
too much read into too little data already.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037