[BC] Interesting stat on listeners

Barry Mishkind barry
Sat Oct 22 04:44:50 CDT 2005

Due to needing to reset my dish network system, I just happened to
see Adam Clayton Powell III on the ResearchChannel.org (Channel 9400
... I was looking for 9420 and this came up!)

He was commenting on WTOP's all news programming.

He said that when they started programming on the FM channel, the
average age of the listeners was 10 years younger than those listening on AM.

Then, he said, when WTOP started web streaming, the average of the
stream listeners was another gap to 10 years below those listening on FM.

The section I heard did not speak of raw numbers, but the age groupings.

Interesting, no?

Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797