[BC] NAB officially announces their new head

Peter Smerdon psmerdon
Fri Oct 21 23:09:30 CDT 2005

Chill out folks.
Maybe I shouldn't comment, as the performance of NAB doesn't directly
impact the industry here in Australia - but this attitude does seem a
bit unfair.

Give the guy a chance first, and then go for the jugular if you must.
Sometimes the best insights come from somebody not seeped in the "cant"
and "conventional wisdom" of an industry.

At first reading of the presser on the NAB site, it seems that he has
some necessary skills, but no experience of the radio/TV industries.
The experience will come quickly.
Maybe you need to consider how to influence his developing perceptions
of your problems and opportunities so he can better represent you.

Cheers!
(I'll have a VB thanks..)

Peter Smerdon
Melbourne,