[BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?

Robert Orban rorban
Fri Oct 21 19:27:55 CDT 2005

At 02:42 PM 10/21/2005, you wrote:
>From: Robert Meuser <Robertm at broadcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?
>

>Tuners have been around for a number of years. Radio Shack has one on
>clearance a the moment. I am not sure how many down convert, although a
>number have SVGA outputs.  Those 'televisions' are really monitors. You
>have to look carefully at the resolution, many are not high def. A
>number of others are only native 720P. It is hard to find a true 1081
>display unless you go CRT or spend over $10,000.

This has changed recently. Most of the top of the line LCD displays are
1080p and Sony has just introduced two rear-projection sets using their
XSRD 1080p technology:

50" KDS-R50XBR1 MSRP: $3999
60" KDS-R60XBR1 MSRP: $4999

These are now shipping. There is an enormous thread here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=545987
about these sets.

1080 displays are coming on strong and prices are getting realistic for the
home theater crowd.

Bob Orban