[BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Oct 21 14:17:52 CDT 2005

I was thinking more of those sets that are now not on cable in a cabled
home. Using cable is trickier. You then need to be able to decode QAM
channels as well as 8 VSB. I dont know if the subsidised boxes are going
to do QAM as well 8 VSB. Of course, you can always rent a converter box
from the cable company. Either option comes at a low cost.  The way I
see it, if you can afford to have 5 or 6 TV sets in your home you can
afford an additional 20 or 30 dollars a month on your cable bill.