[BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Oct 21 13:24:33 CDT 2005

why a windfall for cable????? Cable is already delivering a down convert
for no extra cost. In short time all the set top boxes will be HD. In
NYC, a second hoook up is only $6.95. Off air converters will cost under
$99 and they will make a drastic improvement.

I just did an experiment with off air reception with indoor rabbit ears.
I have no direct line of site to any TV transmitters. Analog was as
expected, ghosty and noisy on 2 4 and 5. Ghosty and slightly unstable on
channel 7 through 68. In digital, PERFECT - like glass. In fact it is
better quality than the cable company delivers.

I think these boxes will be hot new items just because they so greatly
improve the picture on those 3rd and 4 th sets that are not on cable.
People will wonder why it took so long.