[BC] empty sites

Mike McCarthy Towers
Fri Oct 21 08:16:07 CDT 2005

I asked about that.  No, the gas is burned outside.  One would think that
the methane could be captured and used.  But from what I've heard from
engineers familiar with this type of installation, they say the gas is VERY
low quality and barely burns.  Therefore, the BTU output would be very low
per CF of gas as well as probably contaminated with other gaseous emissions
from the dump.

My suggestion to them is to use that gas to fire a boiler and sell the heat
to local people.  It's a virtually unlimited supply of the gas....  But the
costs to do that far outweight the revenue projection. Plus then there is
storage issues during the summer. The same applies for  electricity which
would only net maybe 10-15 KW from this site.

MM

At 09:04 AM 10/21/2005 -0400, Ernie Belanger wrote