[BC] WAVM 91.7 Maynard, MA

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 21 06:31:08 CDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 10:25 pm, Jerry Mathis wrote:
>And this is new? Hardly. The FCC sold out to money when it started
>auctioning channels instead of "first come, first served". Now the
>frequencies are assigned based on who has the most dough.
>
>Somehow, this was perceived as being the most "fair".

 Methinks not !

 The whole sell-off everything was Congress trying to "balance"
 the budget.
 The FCC is still subject to the whims of Congress, and they were
 told ( by way of law ) to extract the most revenue possible from
 the formerly "free" licensing process.
 The FCC didn't sell out, they had no choice.

 Fairness had nothing to do with it.
 It was a liberal big-government congress looking to expand.
 Nothing more.

 ( liberal being defined as "embracing new ideas" and conservative
 being defined as "if it works now, leave it alone" and having nothing
 to do with party affiliation )
 (( I would have said free-spending expansionist Democratic Congress,
 but a recent administration has rendered that distinction completely false ))

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless
there are three other people."
		-- Orson Welles