[BC] It's Eureka over IBOC down under

wfifeng@aol.com reader
Thu Oct 20 22:25:56 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/20/2005 9:33:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Robertm at broadcast.net writes:

 > Robert Orban wrote:
 >
 >  > At this point in time, Eureka 147 is a 15-year-old, dated technology.
 >  >
 >  > Bob Orban
 >

 >  And has few listeners because the general public could care less about
 > digital radio.

Right... we keep coming back to that "What's in it for me?" thing, don't we?

Why should someone fork over $300 for the "digital" version, when the $30
analog will give them the same programming, news, weather, sports,
music, talk,
etc... and wake them up (and/or go with them to work) in the morning?

Someone else mentioned how when we were kids, we loved out little $5
"Flavoradios" with their 2" speakers. Then we loved our little
"Spark-o-Matic" stereo
systems with the pressboard speakers that had 3" drivers in them. This is the
age-group that's listening to the 64Kbps MP3's on their earbuds & ipods. This
is the marketplace that so many advertisers are fawning over... and these are
the consumers who are asking "What's in it for me?"

Willie...