[BC] TV job in LA from SCBA

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Thu Oct 20 11:24:27 CDT 2005

I'd apply, but I'm no longer in California.

Oh well....

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: dean tiernan <dtiernan at gmail.com>
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] TV job in LA from SCBA

This was posted today on Southern Cal Broadcasters' Site.

/Engineering/
*RF MAINTENANCE ENGINEER*
*KCBS 2/KCAL 9 TV*
KCBS/KCAL is seeking a forward-looking experienced RF microwave engineer
to become part of the KCBS/KCAL Engineering and Operations team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this individual must have
extensive knowledge of RF, and feel comfortable in the ability to test,
repair and operate UHF/VHF transmitters, as well as microwave STL/TSL
links and facilities. The ability to identify, develop and complete
projects is also required along with daily technical team-oriented
communication skills. The position will perform required FCC monitoring,
installation, testing, evaluation, documentation, repair, calibration
and CAD work to properly operate and safely maintain UHF and VHF
transmitters, as well as various ENG receive sites located throughout
southern California. Must have knowledge of IT systems, and understand
FCC rules and regulations as well as digital transmission modulation
techniques. RF engineers with backgrounds in other fields besides
broadcasting will be considered with appropriate skills, experience, and
previous responsibilities. Project supervision/coordination skills are
also required as we perform a large transmitter and microwave relocation
project..
*Craig Harrison
6121 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 FAX: 323-460-3412*
Submitted: 10/18 EEO Deadline: 12/28/05

dt