[BC] What is left for the industry to do?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Wed Oct 19 08:37:35 CDT 2005

On 18 Oct 2005 at 16:27, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> At 02:34 PM 10/18/2005, Bill Sepmeier wrote
> >Speakin' of that, Sen John McKain today came out with a plea for the
> >FCC to mandate the end of analog TV by 2007 ... he needs the
> >spectrum for the police and fire depts of the land, he says....
>
>          Pretty strong lobby the law enforcement
>          has, right?
>
>          And all those 50 kW and 100 kW carriers
>          with nothing to "say".....

A few months ago in a bull session after a local SBE meeting the
topic came up and one of the TV guys joked that if they turned
the Tx completely off no one would notice as long as the fiber
feeds to the cable systems stayed up.

I heard a few spots on radio about a month ago urging listeners
to write their congress critters urging them to help "first
responders" by moving all TV to the new (and lots of other
favorable adjectives) digital HDTV so first responders could
use the frequencies. Somehow, they forgot to mention that
many of those channels are slated to be auctioned for
business/commercial use.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037