[BC] Reports of AM's death greatly exaggerated

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Tue Oct 18 18:18:46 CDT 2005

>Fans of more shall we say, extreme talk, i.e. WIND (Savage, Bennet, Ingram,
>etc.) and WCPT (Air America) drove those stations to the same point, 0.8 to
>be precise, a drive that's pretty far down the totem pole.

My, my, my, how the mighty have fallen!

Once a Westinghouse station (after KYW/1060 was moved to Philadelphia,
under NARBA), WIND was first COL'd to Chicago, then COL's to Gary, IN,
then COL'd back to Chicago (a small, about 1 kW "spur" in WIND's present
pattern still provides "service" to Gary).

Under Salem ownersh!t ... er, ownership ... it's bound to stay at 0.0.