[BC] RE: HD Radio multicasting bandwidth

Goran Tomas goran.tomas
Tue Oct 18 17:02:26 CDT 2005

--- At 18.10.2005.w 08:37, Neil Glassman wrote: ---
> >From the synopsis of one study, "testing indicates that 48 kbps is perceived
>by most listeners as providing equal sound quality to the maximum rate of 96
>kbps. Just as importantly, the testing demonstrates that the optimal bit
>rate allocation varies according to specific categories of programming,
>including voice and different genres of music."

It would be interesting to see the details of such test... I'm
wondering how long the listeners listened to each bitrate. Average
Joe might not notice any significant difference on short listening,
but on longer listening (when the artifacts "grow" on you) I belive
most people would hear the difference in quality (and clarity).

Regards,
Goran Tomas