[BC] HD Radio's lack of upgrade capability

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 18 15:52:22 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/18/2005 12:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PeterH5322 at aol.com writes:

> IOW, it is a not so thinly disquised license to ensure a future income
>  stream ... to steal.

Absolutely.

>  Any system which is adopted should be "open" to the greatest extent
>  possible, and should be upgradable, at the customer's option, via
>  over-the-air downloads.

Agreed.

Those same consumers are, indeed, going to vote... with their wallets... by
leaving these things on the shelves. When they ask, "What's in it for me?" and
the answer is, "An endless stream of expensive, marginal upgrades!" they'll
laugh and walk away. Just like they did from AM Stereo, only AMS didn't have
that much more cost, and was a one-time purchase.

Willie...