[BC] Naming Transmitters

Chris Boone CBoone
Mon Oct 17 22:45:53 CDT 2005

The name FRED is a nickname...the official name for the devices is End Of
Train (EOT)...
But engineers gave it the FRED name  (and yeah its cabooses ;)
Not only do they blink red, they also send (and receive with 2 way units)
brake pressure to the lead locomotive..
The two way units can do emergency braking on the rear of the train if
needed.