[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Mon Oct 17 16:04:32 CDT 2005

From: Rich Wood <richwood at pobox.com>

>- ----- At 07:28 AM 10/17/2005, R J Carpenter wrote: -------

>>I see these formats that do get measurable ratings on bad-coverage
AMs
>>as candidates for coowned FM HD second channels. Especially when/if
AM
>>HD destroys that band.

> It's far too early to take anything off an AM to make it a
secondary.
> You might simulcast just to keep the secondary's meters moving. Even
> the lowest rated AM has more listeners than IBUZ by virtue of a lack
> of receivers.

> Rich

Where did I suggest removing the content from the AM?  I would promote
the HD2 on the AM to show people there was a way they could actually
hear the content.  This should increase the total listenership at no
personnel cost  Especially valuable as AM HD trashes that band. This
might preserve an audience that would otherwise be lost. I would hope
for a tapering of audience from trashed AM to HD2.

Try reading more carefully.

But you're the expert.

bob