[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Oct 17 15:05:36 CDT 2005

------ At 12:32 PM 10/17/2005, Phil Alexander wrote: -------

>         B.      We can declare radios to be essentially the same as
> computers,
>                 needing replacement every five years or less, and eventually
>                 (more or less at 10 year intervals) scrap the
> system and start
>                 over.
>
>Ibiquity seems determined to force the market into the second option.
>To me, this seems like it is a long way from "getting it right."

Make a little change and you can sell the whole system all over
again. There's far less money in upgradable equipment than there is
in doing Deja-IBUZ. This is not about the health of radio or the
receiver manufacturers. It's about changing the hood ornament and
selling a new product.

Rich