[BC] An Explosive Affair

Scott Fybush scott
Mon Oct 17 14:07:21 CDT 2005

At 02:32 PM 10/17/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Probably the second most popular episode (after Turkeys' Away) is the one
>where the bomb threat is called into the station. Venus and Johnny are sent
>to the transmitter to continue broadcasting until the building can be swept
>by the bomb squad.  There are several exterior establishing shots of the
>WKRP tower.  It's obvious it isn't an AM tower at all, but I was wondering
>if anyone on here knew who that tower belongs too?  This is not the same
>tower shown in the open to the show.  The open and close shots were for the
>most part, the only ones to be shot in and around Cincinnati.  The shot of
>the Flem Building, where the studios are located, is/was the Cincinnati
>Enquirer building.  This tower would obviously have to be in or near Los
>Angeles where all the interiors were shot.
>
>Anyone?

It's been years since I've seen that episode, and I may well be mistaken,
but I seem to recall one of my LA acquaintances (Burt? Mike Callaghan?)
telling me that was the old KIIS 1150 site, and that the interiors for that
episode were shot there, too. Anyone know for sure?

(I think we've all established with some degree of certainty that the tower
in the show open is the old WLWT Channel 5 tower, now dismantled.)