[BC] Bill O'Reilly's interesting comments

Mike McCarthy Towers
Mon Oct 17 13:33:24 CDT 2005

Not so Rich.  You don't need a specific religious bend to feel that another
person's rights seem to supercede to your own.  It can happen in many areas
not even remotely related to religion.

I'm not particularly religious (certainly not evangelical), and it really
irritates me to no end when people boil down their basis of wholly negative
positions to their religion as being the predominant opinion setter.  And I
suppose that's one reason why I'm so completely turned off by evangelical
preachings and associated activities. I don't need to express/prove my
faith, nor do I need to have it coaxed out of me either. My God will be the
judge of that when the time comes.....

Since others have brought up this perspective....consider that Hitler and
the Third Reich was an evangelical movement too.  It was towards a deity
which Hitler espoused as a white supreme being.  Today, there are so many
so call "evangelicals" out there that you have to ask the simple questions...

What is THEIR angle? What is THEIR power play? Why is it they feel that
everyone MUST be like them/think like them in order to see the almighty
one. It's something I hear regularly on the hundreds of translators which I
happen to scan each time I travel outside the area here. THOSE are the
people which concern me.

Hmmm...what are the Muslim cleric fanatics?  They also evangelical....to an
extreme.  Maybe they're the first to arrive at that extreme point.  And
some of these ultra conservative evangelists are not far behind.  Maybe the
next war will be a holy war.  This time between the Baptists and the
Muslims.  The Jews and Catholics (as will most of Europe and Asia) will sit
it out.

MM