[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Oct 17 08:37:33 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/17/2005 08:32:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cld at admin.umass.edu writes:

> The one thing about SCA's is that a tunable SCA receiver is illegal (IIRC),

Really?! Then perhaps it's time to change these rules to accomodate the
modern marketplace, no? Can't these (now outdated?) rules also hamper efforts to
roll-out the multicasting service? Or is this what NPR is already working on?

>  therefore the "what's in it for me" aspect becomes very limited.
>  I think multicasting offers much better fidelity (our HD2 sounds
>  ...tremendous compared to SCA).

I'm sure it does... but has anyone here (our overseas readers) experimented
with the new DRE/DRM digital subcarriers? Your comments/perceptions are most
welcomed.

Willie...