[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

dean tiernan dtiernan
Mon Oct 17 01:15:06 CDT 2005

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:32:44 -0800
From: Robert Orban <rorban at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Major Snippage (perhaps to the point of distortion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>Bob:
>>>
>>>Have you tried a good Digiceiver?    I don't know specifically how it
>>>would work in your market, but it does work wonders elsewhere.

My radio is a Nakamichi in the 1995 Lexus LS400 premium factory sound
system. The car is now over 10 years old and I will probably replace it
within the next 2 years (when the rumored hybrid LS is available), so I am
not particularly inclined to put an aftermarket radio in it at this point
in the vehicle's life. Hopefully, by the time I am ready to buy a new
vehicle, the factory premium sound system will be available with HD and
satellite.

BTW, that Lexus is by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I
paid a lot for it 10 years ago, but it was money well spent considering the
usage I got out of it. It now has 136,000 miles on it, still runs
beautifully and had only the most minor of problems through the years.
Highly recommended.

Bob Orban

------

The Pontiac Sunbird 2.2L (which occassionally parked next to the LS400)
with GM factory sound (single CD player)is still plugging along at
110k+ miles with minimal maintenance and gets 30+ MPG. And the Ford Aspire with 150+
which came from a member of the engineering staff also gets 30+ MPG and does about 100
miles RT daily (the stereo stinks). :)

Dean Tiernan