[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Sun Oct 16 20:06:21 CDT 2005

>From: Goran Tomas But you mention content and IBOC does give you an
>opportunity to have two (or even three) channels. How's that for content?

That's not content, that's bandwidth. Big difference. On-Air-Radio can't
seem to find enough content to keep listeners on ONE channel now ... what
will adding more channels do?  Content requires PEOPLE.  People cost money;
radio's only substantial COGS (cost of goods sold) is people and it's people
we've been getting rid of through consolidation in order to boost share
prices ... so there goes your content, out the window, when it's really the
"gadgets du jour" that do nothing for the bottom line that should be given
the toss!!

Radio's being driven by manufacturers, not programmers!  Personally, real
estate development looks a lot better as an investment to me these days ...
at least the trackhoe and dozer manufacturers haven't taken it over.........