[BC] liberal versus conservative radio

JYRussell@academicplanet.com jyrussell
Sun Oct 16 10:06:40 CDT 2005

Well, only thing I could add is that two wrongs don't make a right...
<g>tee-hee.

  ONly argument I have about all this is when things get blatantly intended
as deceptive.  When one (talk show) person or another has a rather
self-centered agenda -as when it's ok for the talk show host to own a
handgun, but nobody else should be given the opportunity- or when it's ok to
drive off a bridge and drown your girlfriend... or when it's ok to get so
carried away with invading the opposing party's HQ that you have to resign a
presidency...

  I get upset because this allow people to believe they represent a
significant portion of society from their media "pulpit".  Wrong actions,
wrong intent, etc... is still wrong.  And when people make their living by
being not-quite-honest and not-quite-objective... they way they respond to
getting caught - "I didn't inhale"... or to someone else's actions...

   That's where the rub comes in.  Everybody screws up sometime.  Lying
about it is the biggest part of the wrong, usually.  Lib or Conservative.
And the kids are watching, and have learned to lie rather well, IMHO, that's
because they grew up believing most of what they heard (and saw) gushing out
of public media.

Jason