[BC] logging question

Donna Halper dlh
Sat Oct 15 20:04:28 CDT 2005

A friend of mine (who used to work at the same station I did back in the
mid 1970s) and I were thinking back to how the PD used to have to record
everything that went out on the air-- but we were trying to recall the name
of the piece of equipment that did it. It wasn't a skimmer-- it recorded
everything, not just what the jocks said when they opened the mike.  My
recollection was the equipment recorded at a very very slow speed and
ultimately, it recorded over itself, but I vaguely recall having to check
it and make sure it was recording.  I don't even recall why we used to have
to do it, but every day, we recorded everything.  Does anybody remember
what I am talking about-- it was some kind of a logger... it looked almost
like a dictaphone or something...