[BC] liberal versus conservative radio

Lewis Munn looey323
Sat Oct 15 16:37:56 CDT 2005

Just one long comment.

PLEASE be sure  about whom you smear with the title "Evangelical".  What is an Evangelical Christian...but one who evangilizes for Jesus and what Jesus taught.  And tries to show how Jesus' teachings were correct and lead to a better life.

But a leftist, or even a communist can be "Evangelical" if he goes around trying to show that his way is best.  And "preaches" such.  And such beliefs can be a religion, too.

I hear so many accusing "Evangelicals", meaning Evangelical Christians, of things that are obviously opposed to what Jesus taught, and therefore if the accusations are correct, the accused are NOT Evangelical Christians except in somebody's warping of the meaning to include what they do or do not like to hear.  Or are using trhe term for anybody whom promotes a viewpoint, including theirs.  But if an Evangelical Christian is promoting something other than what Jesus taught plainly...doubt he is a real "evangelical".

Remember, "Christian" and "Evangelical" are NOT the same, and also have specific meanings.  Don't confuse the terms.  And do not change the meanings, or we have confusion, and maybe name calling and finger pointing and smearing the innocents.

I get upset as when people in other areas say Hitler was an example of a Christian, or even an Evangelical, because he went to a church a few times.  Let's be accurate, or at least define how we are using the terms.

Looey Munn

Rich Wood <richwood at pobox.com> wrote:

 Unfortunately neo-conservatism
requires evangelical religious support and are willing to cave to
their demands.

( Emphasis mine)