[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio s Creative Thinking

Goran Tomas goran.tomas
Sat Oct 15 11:03:28 CDT 2005

--- At 14.10.2005.w 21:35, DANA PUOPOLO wrote: ---
>I have heard AAC plus, and even at 96K can clearly hear its artifacts.

I too found myself hearing SBR artifacts at 96kbps with aacPlus... Then I
tried AAC and was surprised that it sounded better than aacPlus at that
bitrate! And amazed how good it actually sounds at 96kbps :-)

aacPlus is great at lower bitrates, where SBR helps expand the bandwidth.
But at higher bitrates where high frequency extension is not that much
needed, the core codec works better... IMO.

Regards,
Goran Tomas