[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio s Creative Thinking

Rich Wood richwood
Fri Oct 14 19:17:35 CDT 2005

------ At 04:11 PM 10/14/2005, Michael Bergman wrote: -------

>end of FM, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria, but the industry is
>moving forward anyway.

I never proposed dogs and cats living together. If you spread that
I'll have every religious fanatic on my tail.

>So much time is being spent on IBOC pros and cons--and clever, witty ways to
>insult the people and companies that put time and energy into digital
>radio--that there's little left for discussions on surround sound, data
>casting, broadcast program guides...

It's important to radio. You have to understand that our goal in life
is not to make Kenwood and iBorg wealthy. You're dealing with an
industry that makes a good part of your catalog possible. You seem to
be asking us to roll over and play dead so we don't slow the rollout
of potentially deadly technology. Ain't gonna happen. I don't
subscribe to the premise that bad digital is better than good analog.

IBUZ is the carrier all these extra bells and whistles will ride on.
It appears that, in the rush to collect money, this technology wasn't
very carefully thought out. I could have told you  (and did) that
BMWs would come back. I come from a car dealer family going back to
1908. Let's get IBUZ working right before we dump other things on top
of technology with 3 flat tires.

Greed doesn't inspire my respect. It inspires my ridicule. I'd like
to think my comments have some impact. I doubt my comments have any
effect on what anyone involved is going to do. If this is stopping
the easy rollover of the broadcast industry by iBorg I'm glad. I
don't think they give a rat's ass what I think.I don't think they
care what anyone thinks.

Rich