[BC] WE Field Engineering

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Fri Oct 14 19:13:02 CDT 2005

Yep..

and they used to run several KV of DC on those coaxes to power those undersea
amplifiers.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Harold Hallikainen" <harold at hallikainen.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] WE Field Engineering

I know a guy who used to work for Western Electric on the telephone
company side of stuff in the 1960s and 1970s. He mostly installed new
stuff in central offices. He spent a lot of time working in the local AT&T
underground facility where the undersea cable from Hawaii comes in. At
that time, it was a single strand of coax with vacuum tube amplifiers on
the bottom of the ocean...

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com