[BC] Bird connectors...

RON DOT'O SR. ron_doto
Fri Oct 14 18:51:47 CDT 2005

Back when I was a commercial sound man we called them "Hi-Z" connectors as they were used on the high impedance mic inputs on the PA amplifiers.

Ron Dot'o
Salem, OR
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cowboy<mailto:curt at spam-o-matic.net>
  Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 07:10
  Subject: Re: [BC] Bird connectors...

  On Thursday 13 October 2005 11:52 pm, Burt I. Weiner wrote:
  >Those were cooly known as "Amphenol Microphone connectors".  The ones I
  >remember had a dot that connected to the center conductor of  a high
  >impedance microphone.
  >
  >Either that or I'm wrong.

   Your not wrong. I still have one or two laying around somewhere.

   I've also been known to cut the pin off of a PL-259 male connector
   and make one when needed.

  --
  Cowboy

  http://cowboys.homeip.net<http://cowboys.homeip.net/>

  My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not
  signed.
  -- Christopher Morley