[BC] EAS

Bill Croghan loteng
Fri Oct 14 16:37:34 CDT 2005

>	In most markets, those who are in charge don't want anyone else to
be
>even remotely involved. They don't want any input. They don't want to
>hear from you. They don't want any changes. They do want to be the
>LP-1/2. They don't want you to call them when you don't get a test. (I do).
>
>	Matter of fact, I took our SBE 102 email list and started to use it
as
>a Monday Moaning 'Did anyone else fail to get a test from XXX" That
>worked so well that one GM called me and told me to stop bothering his
>people. To which I told him that the rules tell me to find out why I
>didn't receive a test. I asked him if he wanted me to log that the LPx
>forgot to schedule a test, or that the GM of LPx has a "I don't give a
>crap attitude"?
	That happens, and you can work your way around it.  Keep calling,
log it as "Not received, our equipment is OK." Over and over.  I happened to
have an FCC inspector doing a spot EAS check in house about 5 years ago when
an RWT came down from the LP2.  My folks did everything right, then the
Examiner asked about the LP1.  When I told here the horror stories, she
asked for their address and burned rubber heading over there.  They cleaned
up their act for a while, but then got worse again. I started sending copies
of my weekly report to their GM when they failed to do the job right.  He
asked me to stop sending them, I said I would when he got it right.  (I'd
make a lousy diplomat).  He knew that report was going in my official logs
every week. With the approval (nay, encouragement) of the FCC our local
committee replaced them.  Much moaning and gnashing of teeth but the system
is better.
	Don't give up!

Bill