[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 14 13:35:37 CDT 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 12:58 pm, KNCN674 at aol.com wrote:
>HD Radio -- Doing it Right
>
>Well how can we do it right when we are starting from such flawed and
>obsolete system.

 In your opinion !
 ( and yes, that of many others as well )

 We are facilitators.
 As such, it does not fall within our pervue to install equipment
 in a defective manner, because we believe the design to be flawed.
 To me, that would be grounds for termination.

 It is our responsibility to make it work as best as is possible with that
 which the licensee has decided it shall be.
 Or, to quit and seek employment elsewhere.

 Would you take such an attitude should the licensee hand you a triple-decker
 and ask that it be installed ?
 How about a Studio Pro-B ?
 Now, there's an obsolete, and flawed system !
 No.
 You'd make it work as well as it could. Perhaps equal to what it was
 20 or more years ago.
 You would not refuse to align, and suffer exceedingly poor air sound,
 because a digital audio system can align phase so much better, would you ?

 By the same token, or worse, failing to align the audio delay in an HD
 system simply because you believe the design flawed, is pissing
 in MY soup.
 I'm not yet ready to lay down and die, and neither is my beloved
 industry.

 HD may not be what some had hoped, but it is what we have today.
 ( or not, perhaps your employer is still using "obsolete" analog )
 It IS our task to make the very best of that can be made, whatever
 that may be.

 Rich Wood is right in many ways, but if ( when ) Clay calls, and asks
 me to install one or a dozen systems, I'm not gonna refuse because
 Rich thinks its a bad idea !
 He'll get the best installation of what it is that can be had by anybody,
 anywhere, anytime.
 What *I* think of it matters not one whit.
 ( as long as it's legal, and ethical )

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not
signed.
		-- Christopher Morley