EAS receiver was RE: [BC] EAS

Bill Croghan loteng
Fri Oct 14 13:18:57 CDT 2005

Here is an AM/FM radio that responds to EAS alerts.  It sells for about $60
Bucks.  It's cheap, really useable and just the ticket for those who want to
be alerted in the middle of the night.  The tuner is analog, but works
pretty well.  It has responded to the weekly tests on every station I tried.
It does not allow you to differentiate between types of alerts, but goes off
on all of them.  That would probably cost a little more.  It is only
monitoring what the Broadcast stations relay, not every little NWS watch
sent, unless the station relays it.  Put it on the station you control, and
it will only show what it sends.  A good way to double check on your folks
sending the weekly test also.
	I purchased one of these on E-bay in as new in the box condition a
couple weeks ago for $9.99.  No-one else bid.  So much for the public.  "You
can lead a horse to water etc........"

http://www.asiindustriesllc.com/

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,