[BC] EAS

Tom Bosscher tom
Fri Oct 14 13:06:07 CDT 2005

> 	The system isn't perfect.  There are solutions out there, but as
> Clay F. and others have pointed out, it takes work, time and dedication.
> Over the last 25 years I've served as EAS or EBS chair for two operational
> areas and am now co-chair of my biggest yet here in Las Vegas.  If you don't
> serve on a local or state EAS committee then you are part of the problem,
> not part of the solution.

	Bill, (and Clay),

	With all due respect, and I really mean that..

	In most markets, those who are in charge don't want anyone else to be
even remotely involved. They don't want any input. They don't want to
hear from you. They don't want any changes. They do want to be the
LP-1/2. They don't want you to call them when you don't get a test. (I do).

	Matter of fact, I took our SBE 102 email list and started to use it as
a Monday Moaning 'Did anyone else fail to get a test from XXX" That
worked so well that one GM called me and told me to stop bothering his
people. To which I told him that the rules tell me to find out why I
didn't receive a test. I asked him if he wanted me to log that the LPx
forgot to schedule a test, or that the GM of LPx has a "I don't give a
crap attitude"?

	The local LECC's cannot stop me from doing what I have to to log all
the EAS information. I have to do that to do my job and protect the
stations licenses. But I have been most strongly informed that my input
to anything local EAS is not desired. Period.

	Oh, and since EAS has started, we have NEVER EVER had any regional
meetings to explain anything. I have never received any information from
the LECC that I did not initiate.

	Sorry Bill, there are still way too many markets are totally dominated
by ego's, and "it's my baseball bat". I'm too small a guy to change
that. (figuratively. Physically I am not a small guy!).

	Official West Michigan EAS Operational Area Curmudgeon

	Tom Bosscher