[BC] The scammer was not here ... was: Did anyone else get this?

Barry Mishkind barry
Thu Oct 13 13:49:35 CDT 2005

>At 06:58 PM 10/12/2005, Phil Alexander wrote
> > Yes, I saw it... I thought Stormin'
>
>BTW, he did NOT post on this list. He began posting on RT on 08/07/05 and
>last posted there on 09/01/05 with 38 total posts. Thus, it was probably
>the posters to RT during that period that he harvested.

Thanks, Phil.

A lot of folks are on both lists, and some even remember when we
originally set them up... on another server.

As you know, Broadcast, Tech-Assist, Tech-Zone and the Alternate
Frequency were moved to our new domain and server -
http://lists.radiolists.net  - in February, so that it was no longer
possible for one server to crash all the broadcast related lists at once.

Another concern for many who read and post is when some person or
company tries to hijack the list for commercial
messages.  Personally, I do not mind short messages from companies
... especially when then direct someone to a URL for more info. Long,
rambling sales pitches, or .sigs with a long series of what are
essentially advertisements are not desirable, and I try to keep them
at arm's length.

Sadly, posting a message almost anywhere without using a "throwaway"
address almost guarantees that someone of some of these lists will
try to skim addresses.

I can only offer three comments:
         1. We NEVER give out the subscriber list ... it is "hidden" and
                not available at any price.
         2. If you are in need of a good second address, POP
                enabled, I can send you a gmail invitation.
         3. Although it is not currently being done, I could
                arrange with Chris to set up a mechanism for
                alias addresses if there was enough demand.
                Would someone be interested in such
                vanity addresses?  If so .. please let me know
                privately.... and we'll discuss it.

barry