[BC] EAS

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Oct 13 08:02:03 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/13/2005 2:45:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
monsterfm at monsterfm.com writes:

>   Or, just do what we've both discussed in the past: Build a (mandatory)
>  EAS decoder into each receiver that is always and forever (except in the
>  case of battery operated walkmans and the such) monitoring a local
>  broadcast outlet (who will hopefully be responsible enough to relay
>  pertinent information) and will un-mute on receipt of a valid alert for
>  the given area.

I like the idea, but how will these units "know" what their "given areas"
are? Rely on user input? Most people won't bother (or comprehend). Sales clerk
program it like a cell phone? Ok, great. What if you take it with you on
vacation or out-of town?

It's a great idea, but when you factor in the general public, forget it. Most
people are quite clueless about Technology, and prefer to stay that way.

Willie...