[BC] Intermod or blanketing?

Steve Michaels smichaels
Wed Oct 12 22:23:03 CDT 2005

Just curious--what are the rules and limits of spurious emissions from a
500ft tower containing 4 FM's and an AM?  The FM's are two C2's on =
separate
antennas, one at 105.1 and another at 105.9, with ERI SHPX's mounted
directly above each other on the same leg in the same azimuth. There are
also two C3's using a common ERI DA on 100.1 and 101.1 at the top.  The =
AM
is 1290kHz. 250 day, post sunrise about 50w.=20

The 105.1 BE transmitter is new, with a Shively BP/BR filter formerly =
used
with a CCA 20 KW transmitter.  It's 105.1 BP, 105.9 BR. =20

I haven't seen much of the other three transmitters other than the new =
105.1
installation, but I believe that the 105.9 has no filters to eliminate =
the
other stations from getting in and causing problems. =20

It's a short tower with lots of RF being radiated from four different
transmitters that cause a lot of problems for receivers within a couple =
of
miles of the stick. =20

I don't have access to a spectrum analyzer, but if the brain trust would
suggest that one would be necessary to resolve this problem, one could =
be
rented for measurements.

Thank you for any comments that may help, and as a relatively new member =
of
this list, refreshing the mind of a guy who got his AA in Broadcast
Engineering Technology from Northern Virginia Community College back in =
1973
and then decided that being a DJ would be better...=20

I remember using a slide rule for calculations, now if could just =
remember
what one looks like.

Steve=20

=20