[BC] Selecting transmitters

Fred Morton radioguy
Wed Oct 12 12:48:40 CDT 2005

I can speak to the BE 1kw rig (which I installed almost 4 years ago at a
client's station in SE Texas). Excellent, only one problem in all that time.
Ours didn't have the matching network, so you must have a clean installation
(50 j 0) and all is well.

I've worked around the BE 6kw rigs, and they appear to be trouble free as
well.

I had some experience back in 2000 with a Nautel 5kw rig. It did have issues
from the getgo, but the factory sent down a rep twice to deal with the
problem, and it was fixed the second time around. Excellent customer
support.

My 2 cents worth, ymmv.

Fred Morton
Houston, Texas
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Burger" <xlchief at yahoo.com>
To: <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:47 AM
Subject: [BC] Selecting transmitters

I am in the process of selecting transmitters for a couple of AM projects,
and would like to request some feedback from this group's real-world
experiences.  We are considering the Harris 3DX-50 and DAX-5, the Nautel
XR50 and ND5, and the BE 4MX50 and AM5E.  I would be interested in knowing
about any installation issues, relieability and service, IBOC integration.
Thank you.

John Burger
KTRB-AM