[BC] Tech. competence

Larry Albert larry.albert
Wed Oct 12 11:44:15 CDT 2005

Willie et al,

   I don't think I EVER start to use an ohm meter without touching the
probes together and checking for ZERO.

   In the pre-DVM days this was a necessary routine to check battery
condition and zero calibration.

   I also like to have light attached to the DEAD circuit with clip
leads.  If the light comes on - hands-off.

   Yes I check the light bulb across the AC before disconnecting power.

   I don't remember ever checking the shorting stick with  an ohm meter.

   Now I think I will make that check also.

   I agree that it is impossible to check every calibration every time.

Albert