[BC] RE: WMOXThump

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 11 20:46:28 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 7:21:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k5gvr at hotmail.com writes:

> Willie, the "thump" did not originate in the audio chain, as many times I
>  brought it up with the audio patched out. And it was far more prevalent on
>  low voltage as the transmitter was configured as 1-10kw. On low power the
>  thyratrons triggering time was staggered somewhat as a switching supply is
>  now.

Ah! Interesting! Thank you for this fascinating tidbit. Now that you explain
it, it makes perfect sense. I just remember our old air studio board, and it
would (and still does) "thump" when powered-up. It's now used only for
production.

Willie...