[BC] Emergency supplies - was Comments about Meridian MS

Alan Kline akline
Tue Oct 11 18:19:46 CDT 2005

------ At 08:05 PM 10/11/2005 GMT, The Most Honourable khcs at juno.com wrote: -------

>Pretty good.  I hope your building is impervious to rodents.  At one site where I put in time,
>mice would gnaw through my plastic water jugs.  I had to use glass jugs with metal lids.
>And, how would you keep them away from all those peanuts?  IMWTK.  Thanx.

For years, we had protected the cables going out to a steerable TVRO dish at our TX site
with an old plastic orange-juice jug with the end cut out.  The guys who put it in thought
that it had been thoroughly cleaned out...

Until the day when a very hungry mommy dog came along with her pups.  Momma sniffed enough
OJ smell to get interested.  She chewed through the jug, and the cables, at which point the
dish started moving out of control to the far western end of its travel.  Ten seconds
before the "CBS Evening News".  Fortunately, the backup was working fine...

ak