[BC] WTIR 1300 Was Heard in Miami!!

Alan Kline akline
Tue Oct 11 18:17:09 CDT 2005

Last night, just for fun, I started tuning around the AM band on my 30+ year old
Radio Shack Flavoradio.  Sitting here in Des Moines, Iowa, I managed to pick up
WJR Detroit.  Not too bad for the old radio...

Shortwave hasn't been too bad, either.  I purchased a $29 Grundig shirt-pocket
radio the other day, mainly to have the AM-FM capability at work, but was
pleasantly surprised at how well the shortwave bands lit up.  Made me send the
wife on an expedition to Barnes and Noble for the latest World Radio-TV Handbook...

Now, I need to get my old National NC-121 cleaned up and running...

ak