[BC] WTIR 1300 Was Heard in Miami!!

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Tue Oct 11 12:07:43 CDT 2005

i have been meaning to comment that, in case no one has noticed, the mw and
hf bands have been in really good shape lately for dxing.    the K and A
indexes have been real low, and sunspot activity has been way down.   also,
in the eastern U.S. at least, a high pressure system has kept the atmosphere
fairly quiet at night, meaning low thunderstorm static.    with longer hours
of darkness, the combination has led to nice listening.  I have been getting
up the past two days at 4 or 5 a.m. to talk to australia on the 40 meter ham
band and getting good signal reports with a vertical dipole.

rob atkinson
st. charles IL

From: Radiofldude at aol.com
To: irca at hard-core-dx.com, am at nrcdas.org,
dxflorida at yahoogroups.com,broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] WTIR 1300 Was Heard in Miami!!
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 04:28:33 EDT

Hey everyone...

I was talking to a police officer friend of mine on the phone while he was
on regular patrol in Miami (incidentally, hes the one who operates Vybe
Radio
1300AM) and we decided to do a little test.

We were on night power(I could see the transmitter for myself), I popped in
a CD with morse code on it and when I hit play, my friend said he could
CLEARLY  hear our morse code about 30 miles west of Miami.

Way to go Maurice!

Paul Walker
WTIR-AM 1300

http://www.radiolists.net/