[BC] RE: Air America

Tom Hughes thughes
Tue Oct 11 00:38:53 CDT 2005

We use a Scott Studios SS32 to automate Air America and have no more or less problems than on any other network.  Typically on weekdays we carry 17 hours of Air America programming and 7 hours from other networks with no more problems from any particular network, in fact we have very few network problems during the week.  On weekends we carry more from other networks than from Air America and problems are still rare, in fact I usually have more problems from the other networks.  Just last week on a 2 hour network show, called the Garden Compass which originates from a studio in San Diego, we received no local break closures.  I was told they switched ISDN lines and for some reason no closures were sent.  No notice was ever received from the show or network.  This problem was probably as severe as any problem I have ever had from the Air America network.  The most recent problem I can recall from Air America was when they switched to their new studios but things were cleared up in a few hours.  It took the Los Angeles Dodgers network 3 weeks to clear up their problems after moving to new studios, go figure.  We do have more problems on the weekend but I chalk that up part-timers which is a problem all companies can have no matter there size or orientation.  I do wish the Air America engineering department was a little easier to get in touch with, but this can be a problem with many networks.

Tom Hughes
KYNS-AM
San Luis Obispo, CA