[BC] Air America

Cowboy curt
Mon Oct 10 17:34:23 CDT 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 06:04 pm, Donna Halper wrote:
>At 02:59 PM 10/10/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>>"BOTH sides being told" is a political issue.
>>Presenting an entertaining and ratings generating program is the RADIO issue.
>>As a "radio consultant" I would have thought you could see the radio issue
>>Scott was pointing out.
>
>Both sides being told means fairness and that's how I was raised-- I
>believe as a radio consultant, my stations have a DUTY to be fair.  They
>can have ideological shows, of course, but as for NEWS, it should be fair.

 Somehow, it seems to me that there should be absolutely nothing about
 news that needs to be "fair" "balanced" or otherwise doctored to include,
 or exclude anything other than who, what, when, and where.
 Much departure from that and it ceases to be news, and becomes commentary.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

The fortune program is supported, in part, by user contributions and by
a major grant from the National Endowment for the Inanities.