[BC] ME: Harold Stanton

harold stanton k5gvr
Mon Oct 10 15:12:25 CDT 2005

Scott,
Yep I, like some others, have a tendency to read the mail.
Lurking, not necessarily, but not an often poster, due to the fact that most
of the time I just sympathize with what I read and know that I have spent
many hours in the other person's shoes.
And, being in a professional situation now, it is not within my demeanor to
comment on specific operations which I may have or had as clients.
Mr. Bloomfield gave some VERY LUCID descriptions of what we see now across
the board, and I worry every nite about so many of the engineers that I
support that are required to be at sites operating at 25 to 35kv in the
cabinets. The chances of them not having someone there to at least pull the
main is often the case.
As more and more the lesser operations demand that the engineers work in a
saftey compromized circumstance I am afraid that we will hear more of more
losses, as we heard about ENG truck accidents.
I lost one ex-chief not that many years ago, the result of working alone,
and unfamiliar with just what will kill you in there. Left a couple of young
kids and a wife, just INEXCUSEABLE.
And yep I do remember working there with you, hope that you are well.
                                73,
                                   Harold