[BC] Some perspective on the list

gRAdy Moates lists
Mon Oct 10 11:44:45 CDT 2005

DANA PUOPOLO mused:

> I drove to the TX and found the .01 20 kV plate bypass cap had popped and
> sprayed oil (likely PCB oil, but back in the '70's no one knew)everywhere.
> began cleaning it up with acetone and rags.

> My hands were numb from the acetone for about an hour after I was done. Of
> course, no one knew how bad acetone was then either.

This explains a lot.

I, of course, was cleaning old Magnecord PT-6's with
Carbon TetraChloride and my bare hands when I was
18, and there's nothin' wrong with me.  (   heh   )

Grady

BTW:  I have that rig's parts dis-assembled and in cardboard boxes,
if anyone ever needs parts for an RCA BTA-50H.  I even still have
the solid-state exciter retrofit chassis.