[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio's Creative Thinking

Barry Mishkind barry
Mon Oct 10 11:32:27 CDT 2005

Mike,

It does seem that at every juncture, "it is too late in the game" is
the refrain offered to the technical community.

While I don't lay all of this off on the receiver manufacturers, it
is symptomatic of a process that all along has had money as its goal,
nothing more.

Money is nice. If IBOC happens, ibiquity will be rich. If they had
merely been happy to be rich, and welcomed collaboration where all
parties could make a buck, this whole thing would be several major
steps down the path.  By desiring to be filthy rich and not share the
treasure, ibiquity has not only earned the emnity of many, but has
tried to shove an already outmoded technology down the throats of a
community wanting, needing to go digital.

And then we come to the issue of content. And that is yet another
part of the industry that is in a disconnect with the audience ...
and technology.

But I digress.  "What a mess you've gotten us into Stanley."

At 04:08 AM 10/10/2005, mbergman at kenwoodusa.com wrote