NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Oct 10 05:36:29 CDT 2005

------ At 10:30 PM 10/8/2005, Mike Gideon wrote: -------

>I received an email from one of our CE's from a market outside my
>region. Here's what it said: "No matter what you do or say, you
>cannot win with those people on broadcast.net.  They hate Clear
>Channel, think they are the best thing since sliced bread, and have
>solved all of the worlds problems, which bye the way are caused
>by:  Clear Channel."
>After letting it roll around in my head for a few hours, I realize
>he is right. I have asked Barry to unsubscribe me from the list.
>Y'all party on... bash the hell out of Clearchannel, and the
>industry in general. I'm out of time and patience.

Your colleague was only partially right. It's true you cannot win.
Sliced bread. Correct. Solved all but IBUZ. He's wrong about us
hating Clear Channel. I don't, though I agree with the other post
that complained about arrogance. I'll add predation. I know a lot of
people at Clear Channel from their days at Jacor or the stations
you've bought. When I see them individually, we have a good time.
When I worked for GE they were the second largest corporation in the
world. Only ITT was bigger. They didn't have a fraction if CC's
arrogance. Personally, I was treated like royalty as a college kid
programming WJIB, Boston. They paid for my last couple of years in
college. It's nice to learn management at what's considered the best
managed company in the nation.

I'd also rather not have you leave, despite our differences of
opinion. If I want everyone to agree I'll listen to Limbaugh. Oops!
Another slam at Clear Channel. Sorry.

Rich