[BC] Common Sense: Paying attention; was... Silence sense?

Phil Langston langston
Sat Oct 8 21:04:50 CDT 2005

When I worked in Chattanooga TN I used to come in for transmitter work on
the weekend and would listen to a 400 Hz tone on the AM interrupted every 10
seconds by a voice ID'ing "CBS Radio Networks Channel 21 down" or something
similar on the drive to the station.. This was caused by the FM jock not
switching the automation back on after running the CBS football game on
Sundays. The game would usually end around 5:00 PM and I would be coming in
for maintenace around 11:30 PM meaning that this had been runnining for iver
6 hours. This became pretty much the normal Sunday evening programming
during football season.

Phil Langston