NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

SHAFFER, RANDY L RandyShaffer
Fri Oct 7 18:51:08 CDT 2005

Dana wrote -
(snip)
>revenue had dropped to under 20 cents! Half the staff either quit or was let
>go by the second GM who tried to cook the books by slashing expenses. I
>believe that at one point they had NO engineer for months! They still have not
>recovered,

Yes, I don't know what the ratio is, but it takes much longer to recover than to cut.
We have been trying to recover for well over a decade from cuts such as those.(not CC) Started with not replacing live trucks then over the next 6 years, cutting 24hr operation, not replacing staff, cutting staff, cutting weekend news, cutting programming(adding infomercials), deferring repairs,  not replacing tech, not replacing CE, not replacing ACE (no engineer for months until corp. found out.) and finally ended when the person bought their own station and left.

Randy Shaffer
WLYH-TV/WHP-TV
Harrisburg, PA